Using Moodle to manage blended learning
National - Essential Series
Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:30pm to 1:30pm EST
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
Establishing an RTOs’ model of blended learning is important before implementing or extending using an LMS, including Moodle. Moodle, an open source Learner Management System, provides a wide range of digital learning content and activity options. We’ll reinforce that shifting part of all our delivery to an LMS requires an ongoing role for trainers and assessors to support and facilitate learning with students.
Our session will cover:
- The potential of Moodle for blended delivery and application to an RTO context
- Set and use basic communication tools in Moodle.
- Set and use basic content delivery tools in Moodle.
- (External course content, Multimedia, Existing resources, free tools)
- Establishing assessment tools in Moodle.
- The critical role of trainers in managing students in Moodle.
- Using Moodle for collaborative and group work tasks.
- Understand the potential of Moodle for blended delivery and application to RTO context.
- Compile a checklist of good Moodle practice for writing digital content, developing activities and encouraging students to work together.
- Understand how assessment tools in Moodle can support individual and group assessment.
- Review approaches to implementing Moodle at your RTO.
- Consider how gamification, Social Learning and Flipped Classroom trends can be harnessed with Moodle.
Facilitated by: Michael Gwyther
Mick commenced e-learning while working in the Learn Local sector in the mid-1990s. He began mentoring ACE teachers in 1998 before setting up an RTO with his videographer partner Erin. Now through Yum Studio, he oversees a variety of coaching, mentoring and training programs to assist educators and RTOs to introduce learner centred approaches to digital learning. Mick is also a digital learning designer and digital facilitation coach.