Digital literacy for trainers and managers
National - Introduction Series
Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEDT
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
Digital literacy requires a suite of self-reliant skills across a broad range of devices, portals and work activities . It also includes the critical comprehension and evaluation of online material, communication in a variety of digital forms, (email, discussion forums, work team apps, chat rooms and webinars), online and collaborative publishing; and cloud storage and sharing.
In this webinar we will cover:
- The components of digital literacy.
- How digital literacy connects to work skills for students.
- Strategies to embed student digital literacy into training delivery (email, calendar, document storage and publishing)
- Activities and assessment that encourage workplace digital skills.
- Protocols for re-using digital content.
- Using simple digital tools to create learning content.
- Role modelling use of digital technology with trainers and students, including using social media to connect with and curate sector information.
- Have a working definition of digital literacy.
- Understand how to curate and share resources.
- Build currency with digital learning approaches.
- Identify strategies for building digital content (text, audio, video, interactions).
- Clarify the core digital literacy skills for students to learn and work including critical reflection.
- Identify approaches to embedding digital literacy into training delivery that reflects workplace capability.
Facilitated by: Michael Gwyther
Michael commenced e-learning while working in the Learn Local sector in the mid-1990s. He began mentoring ACE teachers in 1998 before setting up an RTO with his videographer partner Erin. Now through Yum Studio, he oversees a variety of coaching, mentoring and training programs to assist educators and RTOs to introduce learner centred approaches to digital learning. Michael is also a digital learning designer and digital facilitation coach.