ACPET National Monday Update – 17 Dec 2018... Read more
Applications for the 2019 Australian Training Awar... Read more
Ministers and Expert Members of the Council for In... Read more
Standard 7 National Code, Student Transfers - ‘Other’ reason in PRISMS to be turned off from 17 December
The department implemented a new process for stude... Read more
ACPET Webinar Series - Labour Market Data
National - Introduction Series
Wed 28 Nov 2018, 3:00pm to Wed 12 Dec 2018, 4:00pm AEDT
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$150|
|Cost inc. GST ||$250|
|Who should attend?||
ACPET is pleased to present a three-part webinar series focusing on labour market data and its benefits for your organisation.
Facilitated by Anthony Horne, Managing Director of Emsi (Asia Pacific), this three-part series will focus on how labour market can help your organisation, outline practical steps to help your organisation use industry and occupation data and discuss how to measure and articulate the economic impact of your organisation and training.
- Webinar 1 – The Importance of Local Labour Market Data – An Introduction
Wednesday November 28, 3.00pm AEDT
- Webinar 2 - Labour Market Data – How can industry and occupation data be useful to strategic planning
Wednesday December 5, 3.00pm AEDT
- Webinar 3 - How can we measure our economic impact
Wednesday December 12, 3.00pm AEDT
- Members - $60 per webinar or $150 for the series
- Non-members - $88 per webinar or $250 for the series
- PD Plan members – unlimited access for 12 months
Webinar 1 – The Importance of Local Labour Market Data – An Introduction
This series will start with an introduction to labour market data, what it is and how it can help your organisation by discussing the following questions:
- - Why is it important to understand local labour market trends, rather than state or national headlines?
- What does labour market data tell us and what are the most important bits of that data?
- How can the wide range of labour market data that is available be made useful to your strategic planning?
Webinar 2 - Labour Market Data – How can industry and occupation data be useful to strategic planning
The second webinar will focus on some practical steps to help your organisation use industry and occupation data by addressing the following areas:
- Some practical examples of how organisations are using the data
- What can the two datasets tell us independently and in tandem
- What is the practical difference between industry and occupation labour data – and why are the differences important
- What can it tell us about our product as well as our outreach to industry and individual students
Webinar 3 - How can we measure our economic impact
Finally, the third webinar will discuss how labour market data can help your organisation measure and articulate the economic impact of your organisation and the training you offer.
- What are the key elements to analysing economic impact
- What are the economic impact measures that are unique to education and training providers
- How can you go about undertaking this analysis
Facilitated by: Anthony Horne
Managing Director of Emsi (Asia Pacific).
An experienced economist, he also worked for 7 years within the UK VET system. He leads the work of Emsi (a global labour market consultancy) across APAC.