Introduction to ELICOS
National - Introduction Series
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 1:00pm to 2:00pm EST
|Location||Online Webinar, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
Description of PD event:
(Please include the standards that will be addressed if applicable) This PD webinar is for RTOs and individuals with little or no experience in ELICOS but who are interested in commencing ELICOS program delivery. The webinar will look at the main features of an ELICOS program including:
- The advantages of having an ELICOS program on scope
- Key features of successful ELICOS courses
- ELICOS course structure
- Types of ELICOS programs including English for Academic Purposes
- Determining student entry requirements for ELICOS courses
- Preparing and conducting assessments
- Overview of National ELICOS Standards
- This subject is suitable for both RTO managers and educators interested in starting and running an ELICOS program.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge & skills to:
- Understand key features of an ELICOS program
- Make informed decisions on how to best structure an ELICOS program to suit their students’ requirements
- Understand the key features of the National ELICOS Standards
- Prepare assessments to meet course requirements.
Facilitated by: Lana Harasymiv
Lana Harasymiv has worked in education for 25 years with most of that time spent in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) education, including 12 years teaching and managing TESOL programs in Japan. She has worked as Director of Studies of both VET and English programs and has extensive experience in preparing both VET and ELICOS courses for accreditation and additions to scope. In addition, she has prepared and led RTOs successfully through audits, including re-registration audits. She holds a Masters in Arts (TESOL), as well as two post-graduate diplomas in education. She is currently employed as the Director of Studies of English programs, managing both ELICOS and foundation skill programs.