Last week I contemplated the debate and passage of... Read more
NCVER will release the results of the 2017 Nationa... Read more
ACEPT is pleased to promote the opportunity for En... Read more
Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Sk... Read more
Thinking of becoming a higher education provider – the important issues to consider
National - Introduction Series
Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:00am to 11:00am AEDT
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
This webinar will introduce the Higher Education Standards Framework, together with the key legislative requirements that underpin this framework. You will learn what you need to have in place as a non self-accrediting higher education provider for both registration and course accreditation, including:
- Creating a higher education governance framework
- Engaging qualified academic staff that are engaged in scholarship
- Developing higher education courses/curriculum
- Putting in place appropriate facilities and resources to deliver the proposed courses
- Putting in place a quality management system to monitor delivery of the proposed courses, and
- Understanding the regulatory process for approval.
- Interpret the Higher Education Standards Framework;
- Implement governance in a higher education context;
- Appreciate the importance of scholarship in a higher education provider; and
- Navigate the regulatory process for approving higher education providers.
Facilitated by: Peter Ryan
Dr Peter Ryan has a wealth of experience in regulatory issues for private higher education providers. Over the past 20 years Peter has assisted a number of institutions to navigate the complex regulatory framework which ensures the quality of Australia’s higher education providers, specialising in the areas of regulatory approvals, quality assurance, and corporate and academic governance. Peter is Founder & CEO of the Higher Education Leadership Institute (HELI). HELI is a consortium of fellow higher education experts and researchers, delivering global best-practice consulting and training to higher education providers.