Last week I contemplated the debate and passage of... Read more
ACEPT is pleased to promote the opportunity for En... Read more
Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Sk... Read more
ACPET and Velg Training have been providers of p... Read more
Standard 1 and LLN: Has your RTO got what it takes?
National - Introduction Series
Wed 8 Mar 2017, 11:00am to 12:00pm AEDT
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
This webinar will provide an opportunity for RTO business and compliance managers to consider their pre-training processes from the perspective of how well they comply with the requirement to respond to learner language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) support needs (Standard 1 of the Standards for RTOs 2015).
It will review:
- Various formal and informal approaches to identifying learner LLN support needs being used in RTO pre-training processes
- How best to capitalise on indicators of LLN support needs captured during pre-training processes.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Compare a range of formal and informal ways to identify learners’ LLN support needs in pre-training processes
- Consider if own RTO’s pre-training processes are fit for purpose in identifying learners’ LLN support needs
- Identify opportunities to improve the pre-training learner LLN information that RTOs capture.
Facilitated by: Jana Scomazzon
Having recently consulted nationally on how private and public RTOs are meeting compliance requirements with regard to learners’ language, literacy and numeracy levels, Jana Scomazzon brings a unique perspective to this discussion. Over the 16 years that Jana has been facilitating PD, participants have spoken of her deep knowledge of VET policy, practice and product; the clarity with which she shares that knowledge; and her engaging presentation style.