Introduction to the VET sector
National - Introduction Series
Fri 11 Apr 2014, 11:00am to 12:30pm EST
|Location||At your desk, Webinar, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$55|
|Cost inc. GST ||$75|
|Who should attend?||
The vocational education and training (VET) sector can be daunting for newcomers. It is a sector that can be perceived as complex and highly regulated. Join one of ACPET’s Executive Officers as they demystify the sector – learn about the history and context and hear about the national policy agenda and the future directions. Also hear about the various regulatory agencies and Standards to which all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) must abide. More importantly, participants will walk away with a familiarisation of the common acronyms for this sector, as well as a list of resources to support increased knowledge.
This webinar has been designed around the more common basic member queries. Regardless of the position you have accepted within a RTO, make this your first professional development activity! Equally, this webinar serves as an excellent refresher for RTO staff who would like an update of the VET environment.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the VET sector and its place in supporting the Australian economy
- identify which body regulates their RTO and the standards which apply
- identify the various aspects which make up the sector and support the delivery of high quality training and assessment to learners
- confidently use the common VET sector acronyms, and
- undertake further research, in areas of relevance and interest, based on the resources provided.
Facilitated by: Helen Briggs
ACPET Executive Officers will present this webinar. At the commencement of the webinar, the Executive officer will outline his/her experience in this field.