Transition Management and Teach Out – a Step by Step Procedure for Good Practice
National - Rapid Refresher Series
Thu 3 Apr 2014, 2:30pm to 4:00pm AEDT
|Level||Rapid Refresher Series|
|Location||At your desk, Webinar, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$99|
|Cost inc. GST ||$129|
|Who should attend?||
Did you know that a startling 53% of RTOs were found non compliant in meeting Training Package requirements in 2012-13 ASQA audits?
If you think that keeping up to date with changes to units, qualifications and accredited courses on your RTO’s scope of registration is becoming a constant, then you’re right.
Gone are five-year Training Package reviews: Industry Skills Councils now do continuous improvement. So how does your RTO manage this continuous change and associated risk?
This webinar is a step-by-step guide to carefully managing transition and teach-out across your RTO. It will cover your marketing and operations, your RTO’s database, course materials, your students and your trainers and assessors.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the role of ISC’s in maintaining Training Packages
- understand and interpret the ASQA (TAC and VRQA) guidelines for transition and teach out
- keep up to date with changes to the RTO scope
- identify the decisions to be made across the RTO when there is a training package change
Apply the transition management and teach out guidelines systematically to different scenarios:
- unit of competency courses
- full qualification courses
- apprenticeships, traineeships and funded contract courses
- students and courses in a CRICOS environment, and
- exceptional circumstances
- review the RTO policy and embed a step by step procedure for transition management, and
- understand the related issues for trainer and assessor maintenance of vocational competency.
Facilitated by: Robyn Maher
Robyn Maher is the Managing Director and Lead Consultant of a long established VET consultancy. The company has depth and experience and a reputation for providing grounded expert advice and support to RTO’s. Over twelve years of continuous work in VET and assessment, Robyn and her colleagues have prepared, written, customised, validated, formatted and submitted many amendments to scope of registration. These applications have been successfully through RTO audits in all States and by all regulators.