Independent Validation – the Whys and the Wise
National - Essential Series
Fri 7 Feb 2014, 9:30am to 11:30am AEDT
Thank you for your interest in attending this ACPET session. The session has now sold out and you may choose to register for the Waiting List OR purchase a recording of the webinar by sending an email request to Leah Griffith.
|Location||At your desk, Webinar, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$129|
|Cost inc. GST ||$155|
|Who should attend?||
Event is sold out.
Did you know just how seriously RTOs are failing their validation of assessment requirements at audit?
ASQA found an alarming 80% non-compliance in assessment validation requirements in its recent blitz audit of Aged and Community Care training providers.
The high rate of RTO non-compliance findings overall and deregistration of 91 RTOs in 2011-13 highlight just how critical it is for you to understand and address your validation and other assessment compliance obligations.
- Do you and your workforce know what validation is?
- Do you know how to validate in accordance with the SNR standard 15.5?
- Are you able to demonstrate engagement and dialogue with industry?
ACPET’s highly interactive webinar on independent validation of assessment will provide you will the skills to participate in future hands-on validation activities.
Validation in vocational education and training is an assessment review process for continuous improvement. Importantly, it is mandated under SNR standard 15.5 to ensure that your training services to industry are relevant.
The webinar will cover:
Understanding independent validation
- independent validation – what it is, what it isn’t
- differences between validation and moderation
- drivers of the independent validation agenda, and
- current independent validation activities.
Interrogating independent validation
- the essential validation questions
- validation characteristics, and
- validation approaches and models
Forecasting independent validation
- benefits of validation for the different stakeholders
- challenges in implementing validation
- raising validation issues, and
- validation for RTOs.
This webinar is a pre-requisite to ACPET’s facilitated and hands-on validation activities.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the national drivers and policy agendas around independent validation
- understand the principles of independent validation as a continuous improvement tool for a RTO, and
- enter one of ACPET’s facilitated independent validation sessions.
Facilitated by: Sandra Lawrence
Sandra Lawrence has served in management and leadership roles in research and innovation, industry consultancy, change management, program and project direction, educational design and development and e-learning. Sandra has partnered with public and private, large and small training departments and organisations to embed strategies and technologies that enrich, liberate and empower training to deliver the outcomes that matter. Sandra coordinated the Independent Assessment Validation Project, a partnership between the Queensland VET Development Centre and ACPET.