Moodle from Scratch
National - Introduction Series
Fri 7 Feb 2014, 2:00pm to 3:30pm AEDT
Moodle is a website designed to support educators to deliver training and assess learning. Moodle has proved very popular with many RTOs here and training organisations worldwide. So what is the buzz about? Through this webinar, you will understand the benefits Moodle can bring to your training plans through the implementation of blended learning
Michael will share his expertise in how to set up Moodle and get up and running with courses.
Michael will provide details of resources to support your Moodle introduction a variety of teaching and learning approaches.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the options available to RTOs to deliver part or all learning online
- understand how Moodle is integral to a blended learning strategy
- getting courses up and running with implementing Moodle
- options for hosting
- understand how resources and activities are created and distributed to learners
- how to teach and assess using Moodle
- implications for RTO resources, staffing and support
- reporting, and
- integration with other RTO systems
Facilitated by: Michael Gwyther
Michael commenced working in elearning with ESL learners in the mid 90's before mentoring Community Education teachers in elearning content and facilitation strategies. Now part of Yum Studio. elearning and multimedia consulting company yum studio, he overseas a range of coaching, mentoring and training programs to assist L&D practitioners to introduce and sustain learner centred approaches to elearning. Michael is also an elearning developer working with corporate, tertiary, TAFEs and private RTOs. Michael is the Mentor for this year’s ACPET Vic Govt e-Learning Program. He is the current president of ElNet and eLearning mentor for ACPET Victoria participating RTOs.