Edition 631, 23 November 2015
- A message from our National Chair
- NCVER Webinar - TVA data: a more comprehensive picture
- Meeting the Standards for RTO's 2015 has just become easier and more affordable!
- ACPET at ICEF Berlin
- You're invited to the ACPET SA end of year gathering
- For your diary - ACPET National Conference Hobart - 24-26 August 2016
- WA Christmas Function
- NT RTO Forum - an esssential PD opportunity 4 Dec
- Deadline for FTA Training Grants extended
- Not too late to nominate for Indonesia delegation
- Overseas Students Ombudsman - the first four years
- ACPET at ICEF Berlin
ACPET at ICEF Berlin
Monday, November 23 2015
ACPET was proud to represent members at the ICEF Berlin Workshop for international educators, agents and service providers earlier this month – offering us an opportunity to connect with several thousand participants over three days of targeted meetings, seminars and networking. ICEF Berlin is the largest international education focussed networking forum anywhere in the world and this year included 1 366 educators, service providers, associations, and work & travel organisations and 1 094 international education agents from 103 countries.
ACPET WA Executive Officer Larry Davies joined other members of an Australian delegation in an exhaustive and exhausting series of pre-scheduled presentations, one-on-one business meetings and social networking at the Workshop which, over the past twenty years has become one of the most important and largest events in the international student recruitment calendar. English language teaching remains the dominant focus for many Workshop participants.
ACPET members may be interested in the presentation of the ICEF i-graduate Agent Barometer presented at the Workshop. ICEF surveys 1671 agents on their perception of the international marketplace and student mobility. In a nutshell (of those who responded to the survey) the UK has replaced Australia as the best destination for English language study, while Australia is still #1 for vocational diploma/further education and certificate/foundation courses, and ranks #2 for both university foundation and undergraduate study (behind US and UK respectively). A summary of the survey results can be found on ICEF Monitor.