Edition 629, 9 November 2015
Delegation to Indonesia 17 - 23 January 2016
Monday, November 9 2015
Expressions of interest are now open for members interested in business opportunities in Indonesia who would like to be part of a delegation to Indonesia from 17 to 23 January 2016.
Learn more about opportunities in the Indonesian training market through business introductions, targeted information sessions, networking events and attendance at Indonesia’s major private provider forum of the year, the APTISI conference.
APTISI is the Indonesian Association of Private Higher Education Institutions, representing over 3,000 private universities, academies and polytechnics. As a peak body similar to ACPET, it has strong links to government and industry stakeholders. ACPET and APTISI have been cooperating for several years, signing a Memorandum of Cooperation earlier this year to support ongoing member discussions and partnership building.
The itinerary will be finalised following the expression of interest process, but is proposed to include visits to Yogyakarta – Indonesia’s education capital - Jakarta and Medan for these activities -
- VIP attendance at the APTISI National Conference in Medan with over 300 APTISI members CEOs
- Indonesian Government briefings explaining Indonesia’s education system and priorities
- APTIS briefing on partnership opportunities in Indonesia
- Lunch with the Sultan of Yogyakarta and education and business representatives
- Networking events with APTISI members in Jakarta and Yogyakarta
- Site visits of APTISI member colleges
- Market briefing from the Australian Government
The minimum cost to participate will be $3 000 per college (GST included) for a maximum of two people per college. This price excludes accommodation, air fares and some meals.
Members working in the key areas of significant demand, including tourism and hospitality, nursing, aviation, child and aged care, and English language, are particularity encouraged to attend.
Express your interest by providing a brief background on:
- Particular areas or interests you wish to pursue as part of the delegation.
- Experience in international engagement, student recruitment and/or offshore delivery.
- Interest or experience in delivering non-award training offshore.
- Areas of specialisation and their relevance to Indonesia’s training needs.
- Capacity for long-term commitment to working in Indonesia.
Please submit your interest, or ask questions by contacting Matthew Traynor (07) 3210 1628 or 0426 269 234 by 27 November 2015.