Edition 615, 3 August 2015
- ACPET 2015 Conference - 23 Days to go!
- Smart and Skilled - what's your view?
- Applications for 2015 Green Gown Awards close Tuesday 4 Aug
- 2016 ACPET Catalogue - Register now
Smart and Skilled - what's your view?
Monday, August 3 2015
As advised in last week’s edition an independent review is being done of the Smart and Skilled reform of the NSW VET system.
The researchers are keen to hear the perspective of:
• Providers who are approved Smart and Skilled contracted providers for 2015
• Providers with a NSW operation who applied for Smart and Skilled but were not approved for 2015
• Providers with a NSW operation who applied for Smart and Skilled but decided not to accept a contract for 2015
• Providers with a NSW operation who did not apply for Smart and Skilled.
• Non-NSW providers who attempted to or did apply for Smart and Skilled
Members meeting any of the above 5 criteria are encouraged to provide their perspective via http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2253068/Smart-and-Skilled-Review-Training-Provider-Survey
One response per provider is sought. Ideally, the survey should be completed by a senior manager who was involved in the decision to, or to not, apply to be a provider under Smart and Skilled. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
A survey of students is also being done as part of the review. If you are an approved Smart and
Skilled provider, your assistance in distributing this link to the student survey will be appreciated by the researchers: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2254823/Smart-and-Skilled-Program-Review-VET-Student-Survey. Students who complete the survey can enter the draw for one of three $300 JB Hi-Fi vouchers. For clarity’s sake, ACPET has qualified that this cannot be deemed an enrolment incentive and used to a college’s detriment.
The surveys will close at 5pm (EST) on Friday 14 August 2015.