Edition 614, 27 July 2015
- Entrepreneurial Interactive - Free Meet and Greet Panel 3 Aug
- Bruce MacKenzie lunch 5 August: VET Funding Review insights
- Frankston & Geelong - Upcoming workshops on Standard 1
Study Mission to Canada 27 September - 2 October 2015
Monday, July 27 2015
Keen to learn about the purpose, nature and scope of the Canadian applied research model in community colleges? By taking part in TDA and LH Martin Institute’s study mission to Canada, you will
- Undertake a study mission of a range of Canadian community colleges engaged in applied research
- Meet institutional leaders in community college to learn from their expertise in establishing applied research projects
- Meet with key government agencies that support the funding of applied research in the community colleges
- Participate in joint workshops and symposia to exchange ideas, insights and perspectives.
Delegates will also engage with Canadian federal agencies, associations and industry sectors, as well participate in a conference on applied research hosted by the Ontario Institute of Studies for Education, University of Toronto and sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
This study mission is designed for:
- Institutional leaders in TAFE institutions, private cross-sector providers, dual-sector universities, including senior management, directors, academic corporate leaders, deans, heads of department and academic program leaders
- Individuals involved in education policy development, higher education regulation, registration, accreditation and quality assurance in government and statutory bodies
- Researchers in tertiary education.
The fee is $6,900 plus GST, and includes 6 nights accommodation, all meals and formal dinners, networking receptions, transport within Canada, and all official activities (excluding flights to and from Canada, which should be organised by each delegate). Information can be found on the LH Martin Institute website, which also includes a more detailed program.