Edition 601, 27 April 2015
- Excellence in Language, Literacy & Numeracy Practice Award - Free webinar for applying
- Call for Abstracts - Submission Deadline - 30 April 2015
- Applications for 2015 Green Gown Awards open 15 May
- Foundation Skills for RTOs: free professional development in 2015
- This week in National professional development
- ACPET Vet works! Forum Darwin Skycity 22 May
- Register now - Attracting & Engaging Young learners in VET - Subsidised Workshop 6 May
- Subsidised business development PD series for SA RTOs
Call for Abstracts - Submission Deadline - 30 April 2015
Monday, April 27 2015
The 2015 Conference Committee is welcoming workshop abstracts which must align with the conference theme.
Conference workshop themes are:
- Diversity, and
Abstracts will need to focus on at least one of these 3 themes.
As with all ACPET conferences there will be a key focus on the 4 main areas of interest for our members. These are:
- Vocational Education and Training,
- International Education and Training,
- Higher Education, and
Submitted presentations should not have been presented elsewhere or be under consideration for presentation elsewhere.
Quality criteria will be used to guide the review of proposed presentations. Abstracts of no more than 400 words should address how the presentation:
- is stimulating and interesting and will generate significant impact in the particular area of focus,
- is structured and persuasively argued,
- is methodologically sound and well supported by evidence, and
- contributes to the advancement of knowledge, theory or practice with particular emphasis on the effect on the private sector.
The overarching criterion will be the papers potential to inspire those attending the conference and policy makers.
Abstracts of presentations will be subject to review by the Conference Committee. The committee will provide their assessment within four weeks of the close of submissions.
Successful candidates will be contacted and provided with further guidelines in May/June 2015.
All presenters of accepted abstracts will be expected to pay the conference registration fee and are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Abstracts will not be accepted for inclusion into the program or abstract booklet until the registration fee is paid.
The decision of the Conference Committee will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.