Edition 598, 7 April 2015
- Foundation Skills for RTOs: free professional development in 2015
- This week in National professional development
- Member webinars - Implementing the ACPET Code of Ethics & Code of Practice for engaging education agents
- SA Higher Education Roundtable & Networking, 16 April 3-5pm
- Subsidised webinar for SA - Developing a winning staff team 20 April
- Subsidised webinar series for SA RTOs
- IEAA invitation to scoping for National Agents Quality Assurance System
IEAA invitation to scoping for National Agents Quality Assurance System
Tuesday, April 7 2015
The International Education Association of Australia (IEAA), with support from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, is undertaking a project to scope the potential for a national quality framework for Australia’s international education agents. The scoping research includes an assessment of global best practice ideas and broad consultation across the sector with agents, agent associations, education providers, government and industry groups.
The research project will include focus group sessions across Australia, at which it is intended for there to be cross-sectoral balance by way of provider, state and federal government and student representation. A separate focus group will be held with education agent representatives.
The focus groups will aim to:
• Seek feedback on the potential for a quality framework for international education agents, including an agent accreditation system and code of ethics.
• Gauge opinions on options, issues, challenges and best practice to help inform possible models for an Australian education agent quality framework.
If you would like to express interest in participating in a focus group in Adelaide on 10 April please email Emily O’Callaghan at IEAA to register.