Edition 597, 30 March 2015
- Scoping the Potential for a National Agents Quality Assurance System
- 4th UCEC Conference
- The Unique Student Identifier - Get Connected Today!
- Funding Grants for Women in the Education Sector
- NCVER Survey on RTO role of RTOs in delivering programs for school leavers
- This week in National professional development
- Managing VET Reputation
- Foundation Skills for RTOs: free professional development in 2015
- SA Higher Education Roundtable & Networking, 16 April 3-5pm
- Member webinars - Implementing the ACPET Code of Ethics & Code of Practice for engaging education agents
- Tasmanian Training Awards now open for applications
- Tertiary Studies and Careers Expo Adelaide, 14-15 June
- Access the free ACPET-NDCO resource to build confidence in enrolling learners with Disability
Scoping the Potential for a National Agents Quality Assurance System
Monday, March 30 2015
The International Education Association of Australia (IEAA), with support from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, is undertaking a project to scope the potential for a national quality framework for Australia’s international education agents. The scoping research includes an assessment of global best practice ideas and broad consultation across the sector with agents, agent associations, education providers, government and industry groups.
The research project will include focus group sessions across Australia, at which it is intended for there to be cross-sectoral balance by way of provider, state and federal government and student representation. A separate focus group will be held with education agent representatives.
The focus groups will aim to:
• Seek feedback on the potential for a quality framework for international education agents, including an agent accreditation system and code of ethics.
• Gauge opinions on options, issues, challenges and best practice to help inform possible models for an Australian education agent quality framework.
If you would like to express interest in participating in a focus group in your city (see proposed dates below), please email Emily O’Callaghan at IEAA your contact information and desired location.
Focus Group dates and locations:
10 April - Adelaide
20 April - Perth
23 April – Sydney
TBC April – Brisbane & Melbourne