Edition 595, 16 March 2015
- Foundation Skills for RTOs: free professional development in 2015
- This week in National professional development
- SA Higher Education Roundtable & Networking, 16 April 3-5pm
- SA Training Awards open 23 March - Register for webinar to prepare
- Tasmanian Training Awards open 23 March - Register for webinar to prepare
- Interested in joining the SA Government Business Mission to China in May?
- VIC ACPET Breakfast with the New Minister 26 March 2015
Access the free ACPET-NDCO resource to build confidence in enrolling learners with Disability
Monday, March 16 2015
ACPET has developed an online resource, in collaboration with the NDCO network, the SA Equal Employment Commission, and the SA Training and Disability Advocate, to support education and training providers in the process of enrolling learners with disability and meeting their needs, in line with legislative and good practice requirements.
The ACPET-NDCO resource can be downloaded for free now by clicking here
Please forward this link to your staff and colleagues.
The resource is accompanied by a webinar, which is for all staff in small to medium VET and Higher Education institutions, who interface with students particularly on initial enquiry and enrolment. It aims to assist providers to become more confident in supporting students with disability through the determination of education and training pathways, course selection, enrolment, and individual education planning.
The webinar not only defines ‘Disability’ in its broadest sense and outlines accompanying legislative requirements and standards, but also addresses the issues of handling student disclosure sensitively and how various levels of disability can impact on learning.
In particular, the webinar will focus on the policies, processes and good practices that can be put in place to address learner disability confidently (whether evident or hidden, as in some mental health cases), during the full life cycle of the student from enrolment to completion, but with special emphasis on the enrolment process. Practical examples and case studies will also be discussed.
This webinar is offered at a special discounted rate, due to the generous support of the NDCO in SA.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- define the full range of disability with which students may present;
- be confident in sensitively handling the issue of student disclosure of disability;
- be familiar with the relevant legislation and education standards;
- be confident in establishing or implementing, relevant policies, procedures and good practices for meeting the needs of students with disability across the whole student life cycle, from enrolment to successful completion;
- and be able to access additional help and resources as required.
Where: From the comfort of your desk
When: Friday April 10, 1:30 - 3pm AEDT OR Thursday 28 May, 11:30am to 1pm AEDT
Facilitator: Jennifer Cousins, NDCO for SA
For more information and to register for the webinar click here
To access the online resource click here
Discounted fee - Members $65 Non-Members $95