Edition 578, 3 November 2014
- No, Minister! ACPET reminds NSW Education Minister members are not happy
- Training sector gets tough on unscrupulous operators
- Student choice should motivate Senate to pass higher education reforms
- ElNet Masterclass offer for ACPET members
- Limited places available! RPL - getting it right
- Collecting evidence that matters - unpacking the rules of evidence
- What are skill sets and how do they work?
- Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- "Private colleges will hold talks over ratings downturn"
- Save the date - ACPET SA End of year celebration 12 December
- Don't miss subsidised PD in Tasmania for November
- Last subsidised PD event for the year! - Customise Learning and Assessment materials for your client groups
- New Standards for Training Providers and Regulators
- ASQA releases annual report 2013-14
- TEQSA releases annual report 2013-14
What are skill sets and how do they work?
Monday, November 3 2014
- Did you know that there are currently 1,125 skill sets defined in national Training Packages?
- How might you promote and maximise the use of skill sets effectively with your industry partners?
A 2013 report by the Resources Industry Training Council Skill suggested that:
‘Skill sets prepare individuals to perform a specific job function, whereas qualifications prepare individuals for a broader range of functions within an occupation’.
With many organisations and individuals requiring ‘just in time’, ‘just enough’ and ‘skills top ups’, are you maximising the potential of skill sets as part of your services?
For further information and to register for this session, please click here.