Edition 578, 3 November 2014
- No, Minister! ACPET reminds NSW Education Minister members are not happy
- Training sector gets tough on unscrupulous operators
- Student choice should motivate Senate to pass higher education reforms
- ElNet Masterclass offer for ACPET members
- Limited places available! RPL - getting it right
- Collecting evidence that matters - unpacking the rules of evidence
- What are skill sets and how do they work?
- Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- "Private colleges will hold talks over ratings downturn"
- Save the date - ACPET SA End of year celebration 12 December
- Don't miss subsidised PD in Tasmania for November
- Last subsidised PD event for the year! - Customise Learning and Assessment materials for your client groups
- New Standards for Training Providers and Regulators
- ASQA releases annual report 2013-14
- TEQSA releases annual report 2013-14
New Standards for Training Providers and Regulators
Monday, November 3 2014
On 26 September 2014, the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Industry and Skills Council agreed to new regulatory standards for training providers and regulators.
To download the new standards, and for information about how the Australian Government’s reform agenda is moving the vocational education and training (VET) system towards a more modern and responsive regulatory framework, visit the Department of Industry’s VET Reform website.
As the national regulator for vocational education and training, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) will provide information and guidance on the new standards for registered training organisations (RTOs) and other stakeholders in the sector.
This information and guidance will initially include:
- a guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- a series of 27 intensive information sessions in 17 locations across Australia specifically for RTOs
- targeted information sessions for non-RTO VET sector stakeholders in early December, and
- enhanced information about the standards on the ASQA website.
The guide and website information will be published in the coming weeks.
The RTO information sessions will start in Canberra on 5 November, while an announcement about the VET stakeholder sessions will be made shortly.
The new standards will be implemented from 1 January 2015 for new RTOs and 1 April 2015 for existing RTOs.