Edition 556, 2 June 2014
- Introducing ACPET's bulk buy PD offer for members
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- Elements of a compliant TAS
- Do you have 9b compliance for your RTO premises?
- RTO Financial Management: Making it Easy
- E-assessments: digital teaching tools for evidence gathering
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania in June
- Register now for Subsidised Professional Development in SA in June
Do you have 9b compliance for your RTO premises?
Monday, June 2 2014
- Do you know if your site is fully compliant?
- Did you know that these regulations differ from state to state?
One of the key problems facing RTOs is securing 9B compliant space. In Australia, education and training facilities are required to operate from premises that meet more strict classification of use criteria than standard commercial facilities. This special criteria is outlined in a section of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) known as ‘Class 9B’.
In particular, for education providers who are looking to renovate or move premises, it is critical that you become familiar with the basic requirements of 9B. This will ensure that you avoid the penalties associated with non-compliance, such as closure of your training facility or costly compliance upgrades.
As the legislation itself can be overwhelming, this webinar has been designed to help you become familiar with the basic requirements and implications of 9B, without getting bogged down in the details and technicalities.
All participants will receive a building site checklist, to ascertain whether their premises meet the required code.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.