Edition 554, 19 May 2014
- 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book
- 2014 Australian Training Awards applications are closing soon
- Free Information Sessions on Australian Apprenticeships
- CDAA National 2014 Conference
- Meeting the standards: getting compliant with LLN
- Independent Validation - the Whys and the Wise
- Advanced Moodle - taking Moodle to the next level
- Register now for Subsidised Professional Development in SA, May - June
- Tertiary Studies & Careers Expo Adelaide, 25-26 May
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania in June
- Tasmanian Skills Conference preceded by TCCI Skills Forum, Hobart 2-3 June
Advanced Moodle - taking Moodle to the next level
Monday, May 19 2014
Moodle features a deep range of tools to engage and manage learners. In this workshop we’ll explore how to take Moodle beyond a simple content repository, quizzing and assessment upload tool and how to make your courses look good.
If you are confident with the basic use of Moodle this is the session for you.
This session is not recommended if you are new to Moodle
In this session we will demonstrate:
- set up users into cohorts, groups and groupings to manage enrolments and assessment within and between Moodle courses
- establish and contain grade books to suit your assessments
- create a scored activity that integrates content, feedback and problem solving
- add multimedia from third part sites and media you create from your smart phone
- create quiz questions contained within question banks
- exploit section, resource and activity links to create custom navigation inside your course
- build a peer reviewed assessment
- create a pre determined path for the learner to follow based on their performance in activities, and
- understand the principles for successfully managing discussion-based assessments.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.