Edition 551, 28 April 2014
- Limited places available! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- Last chance to register! Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework
- Last chance to register! Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Join the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book initiative and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills
- How to set up a successful Partnership Agreement
- New in 2014! Using Moodle for Assessment
- Top 10 non-compliances for CRICOS providers
- Jazzing the Royals
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- Launceston 8 May - Unpacking units of competency into quality learning & assessment strategies
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Register now for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
- Hobart 9 May 2014 - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- SA webinar 9 May - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
Join the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book initiative and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills
Monday, April 28 2014
If you find it difficult to access the many high-quality foundation skills resources available to address your students’ foundation skills requirements, or to decide which material best suits your RTO's needs, then ACPET can help out - by bringing the resources to you through the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book.
This easy-to-use e-book will connect you with the resources and their alignment with the two national frameworks that describe foundation skills (the Australian Core Skills Framework and the Core Skills for Work Framework).
This is another Pozible project whereby each member involved contributes just $440 (ex. GST) towards the development of the 'Foundation Skills Collection' - an e-library of hyperlinks that
- identifies existing free and commercial foundation skills resources
- summarises each resource, and
- connects you via the hyperlinks to where each resource is located.
This great resource will assist you to focus on addressing your students' and industry partners' foundation skills needs, whether your responsibilities involve management, training/assessment or compliance.
It will also help you to meet your RTO's legislated requirements around foundation skills.
What will the e-book look like?
The Foundation Skills Collection will be thematically grouped across the following themes:
- management (e.g. guides on up-skilling non-training RTO staff on foundation skills, research papers, policy documents)
- training and assessment (e.g. training resources based on industry areas or targeted foundations skills areas), and
- compliance (e.g. pre-enrolment assessment tools, policies and procedures documents)
The tool will embed a hyperlink to each identified resource, with a short description of each resource.
For your pledge, you will receive:
- one secure link to the Foundation Skills Collection e-book
- 10% discount on the cost of the annual updated version of the e-book, and
- 20% discount on one place at an ACPET webinar that provides guidance on
- how to use the e-book effectively, and
- how to assess what foundation skills resources are appropriate to an RTO’s requirements.
Click here to get involved and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills.