Edition 551, 28 April 2014
- Limited places available! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- Last chance to register! Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework
- Last chance to register! Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Join the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book initiative and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills
- How to set up a successful Partnership Agreement
- New in 2014! Using Moodle for Assessment
- Top 10 non-compliances for CRICOS providers
- Jazzing the Royals
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- Launceston 8 May - Unpacking units of competency into quality learning & assessment strategies
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Register now for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
- Hobart 9 May 2014 - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- SA webinar 9 May - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
Launceston 8 May - Unpacking units of competency into quality learning & assessment strategies
Monday, April 28 2014
Join Deb Mullan in Launceston for the subsidised workshop:
Unpacking units of competency into quality learning and assessment strategies
This interactive workshop will focus on learning about the techniques in unpacking units of competency and how they are interpreted and implemented in different industries to suit the flexible needs of work roles.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
• Develop a greater awareness and understanding of the skills required to unpack a unit of competence
• Understand more about the range of units available, how to read them and implement them for planning for learning and assessment strategies for use in your industry;
• Learn about the range of units in various Training Packages, core, electives, imported units;
• Read and interpret different units and feel confident about your transferable skills to understand the language and embedded information in Units of Competence;
• Understand the LLN skills, Foundation skills and core skills embedded in units of competence – to extract for quality outcomes;
• Read and understand the layouts and templates of units of competence.
When: Thursday 8 May 2014 (9:30am-12:30pm)
Where: MEGT, Level 1 Cornwall Square, Transit Centre, 12-16 St John Street, Launceston
To register click here
Partly subsidised by Skills Tasmania.