Edition 551, 28 April 2014
- Limited places available! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- Last chance to register! Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework
- Last chance to register! Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Join the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book initiative and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills
- How to set up a successful Partnership Agreement
- New in 2014! Using Moodle for Assessment
- Top 10 non-compliances for CRICOS providers
- Jazzing the Royals
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- Launceston 8 May - Unpacking units of competency into quality learning & assessment strategies
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Register now for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
- Hobart 9 May 2014 - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- SA webinar 9 May - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
Jazzing the Royals
Monday, April 28 2014
A Quartet of Jazz Music Institute students have played for the Royals, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Prince William and Catherine) when they visited South Bank, Brisbane on Easter Saturday.
JMI were invited to present musical entertainment for the Royals during their scheduled tour of South Bank. What a great experience and exposure for the students, they even got a ‘thumbs up’ from William as he walked past. With over 10,000 fans and well wishers waiting for hours to catch a glimpse of the Royals, the JMI Quartet were able to get a front row view of the Royals as they passed by.
The musicians were Lachlan McKenzie – Trumpet, Attienne Bakker-Szumer – Guitar, Elliott Parker - Double Bass and Aaron Jansz – Drums.
Congratulations and well done to JMI!