Edition 551, 28 April 2014
- Limited places available! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- Last chance to register! Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework
- Last chance to register! Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Join the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book initiative and put your RTO ahead in foundation skills
- How to set up a successful Partnership Agreement
- New in 2014! Using Moodle for Assessment
- Top 10 non-compliances for CRICOS providers
- Jazzing the Royals
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- Launceston 8 May - Unpacking units of competency into quality learning & assessment strategies
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Register now for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
- Hobart 9 May 2014 - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
- SA webinar 9 May - Integrating language and literacy support in delivery and assessment
ASQA update on fee protection options
Monday, April 28 2014
ASQA has published a news update clarifying options for RTOs seeking to protect student fees paid in advance.
Under the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2012, training providers—both existing and those applying for registration with ASQA―are required to comply with at least one of the five fee protection options if they intend to collect student fees in advance.
The update provides details for RTOs who are using - or planning to use - Option 4 (an unconditional bank guarantee) to comply with SNR 22.3.
A reminder to ACPET members that our ASTAS is approved by ASQA as an alternative fee protection measure of equal rigour for RTOs accepting fees in advance. Contact your local ACPET office for application details.
Visit the ASQA website to read the update.