Edition 550, 21 April 2014
- Group Bookings - 2014 ACPET National Conference and Asia-Pacific International Education Forum (APIEF)
- Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework: taking the worry out
- Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Applying for grants and tenders - how to prepare a competitive bid
- Appraisal and Staff Development – How To Implement An Effective Planning And Appraisal Process With Your Staff
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- New in 2014! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- E-assessments: digital teaching tools for evidence gathering
- Upcoming ACPET Delegations & ANZA Workshop Summary
- Introducing the ACPET Quality Support Team
- Need help tracking down the LLN resources you need?
- Assistant Education Minister continues pursuit of VET in Schools reforms
- Register for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Last chance! - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
Need help tracking down the LLN resources you need?
Monday, April 21 2014
Are you, like many RTOs, missing out on accessing the many high-quality foundation skills resources available to you to address your students’ foundation skills requirements?
If you're not sure where to find them or if you're struggling to work out which material best suits your RTO's needs, then ACPET can help by bringing the foundation skills resources to you.
ACPET will pool its resources and access to foundation skills expertise to develop an easy-to-use e-book, the 'Foundation Skills Collection' e-book, which connects you with the resources and their alignment with the two national frameworks that describe foundation skills (the Australian Core Skills Framework and the Core Skills for Work Framework).
The ‘Foundation Skills Collection' is an e-library of hyperlinks that identifies existing free and commercial foundation skills resources, summarises each resource and connects you via the hyperlinks to where each resource is located.
It’s like a helping hand so you can focus your efforts on addressing your students and industry partners' foundation skills needs, whether your responsibilities involve management, training/assessment or compliance.
It will also help you to meet your RTO's legislated requirements around foundation skills.
The Foundation Skills Collection will be grouped according to the following themes:
- Management (eg research papers, policy documents, guides on upskilling non-training RTO staff on LLN)
- Training/Assessment (eg training resources based on industry areas or targetted foundation skills areas)
- Compliance (eg pre-enrolment assessment tools, policies and procedures documents).
This is another Pozible project whereby each member involved contributes just $440 (ex. GST) and receives:
- one secure link to the Foundation Skills Collection e-book that your whole RTO can use
- 10% discount on the cost of the annual updated version of the e-book, and
- 20% discount on one place at an ACPET webinar that provides guidance on
- how to use the e-book effectively, and
- how to assess what foundation skills resources are appropriate to an RTO's requirements.
So don't delay, click here, to get involved and make sure you're ahead of the game when it comes to Foundation skills.