Edition 550, 21 April 2014
- Group Bookings - 2014 ACPET National Conference and Asia-Pacific International Education Forum (APIEF)
- Managing compliance with the ESOS and TPS framework: taking the worry out
- Credit Transfer - a step-by-step good practice guide
- Applying for grants and tenders - how to prepare a competitive bid
- Appraisal and Staff Development – How To Implement An Effective Planning And Appraisal Process With Your Staff
- Green Gown Awards open for All providers on 3 June!
- New in 2014! Delivering Win-Win fee-for-service contracts
- E-assessments: digital teaching tools for evidence gathering
- Upcoming ACPET Delegations & ANZA Workshop Summary
- Introducing the ACPET Quality Support Team
- Need help tracking down the LLN resources you need?
- Assistant Education Minister continues pursuit of VET in Schools reforms
- Register for the VET Sustainability Skills in Practice Symposium - 2 May
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-June
- Last chance! - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- Register now for the Education for Sustainability Forum, Hobart, 1 May
Upcoming ACPET Delegations & ANZA Workshop Summary
Monday, April 21 2014
Upcoming ACPET Delegations
Members are reminded that ACPET’s CEO Claire Field will be leading 2 upcoming delegations soon: Indonesia (20-24 May 2014) and India (23-27 June 2014).
The inaugural ACPET Delegation to Indonesia will be visiting Jakarta and Yogyakarta from 20-24 May 2014. The Delegation will be led by ACPET CEO Claire Field, who is currently in China leading ACPET’s Delegation to China, and will include extensive itineraries in Jakarta and Yogyakarta. Much of the visit will be focused on face-to-face meetings with Indonesian private institutions to provide an understanding of the Indonesian private education environment and explore potential partnerships with ACPET members.
In addition, ACPET, in conjunction with Austrade and APTISI, will be hosting a teleleconferene for interested members on the proposed delegation. This is likely to be on Firday 2nd May (TBC) and members who respond to the EOI will be invited to particpate in this discussion.
ACPET returns to India this year (23-27 June) with the view of visiting New Delhi, Gujarat and Mumbai. ACPET is currently working with its partners and Austrade in India to create an itinerary that will be flexible enough to accommodate first time members visiting India to more experienced members. A draft itinerary will be released shortly. To register your interest please contact Jon Ratcliffe via email or phone (02) 6281 7127.
As a destination-focussed workshop, ANZA provides a unique opportunity for Australian and New Zealand educators, sellers of youth travel including work and travel and service providers, to meet quality-screened agents (buyers). These agents collectively send tens of thousands of students to this region annually.
The 2014 ANZA Workshop was held at the Sydney Hilton (April 6-8) and hosted 432 participants from 313 organisations in 52 countries. The event enabled educators, work and travel, and service providers to conduct over 4 300 pre-scheduled meetings with 193 top-quality agents from 50 countries. Overall, this year’s workshop saw an increase of 10% of participating agents with 25% being first timers to an ICEF event.
ACPET was represented at the event, hosting a booth and conducting many face-to-face meetings with overseas education agents during the Workshop to promote and raise awareness of ACPET members. Overall, the overseas education agents displayed a real keenness to work with Australian institutions, with Indonesia, India and Brazil providing the largest representation. Education agents were also impressed with ACPET’s Online Catalogue as members information could be easily and readily be accessed.
The 2015 ANZA Workshop will be held April 28 – 30 in Auckland, New Zealand at the SKYCITY Auckland Conference Centre – ACPET will be present at this event. Further details will be available at www.icef.com/anza.
International Policy Manager