Edition 548, 7 April 2014
- Minister Pyne to deliver keynote address at ACPET Higher Education Symposium
- Financing women business owners for international growth
- Join us to congratulate our ACPET Peers!
- Good practice – how to add a unit of competency course to scope
- Get your new staff ready with Introduction to VET
- Top RTO non-compliances from ASQA 2013 reports
- 7 Multipliers to improving your RTO’s Financial Success
- Advanced Moodle - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
- Get the latest on foundation skills and get the edge for your RTO at the ACER National Adult LLN Assessment Conference 2014
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-May
- Tasmania PD - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- SA webinar - Quality support & LLN services to maximise student success - 28 April
- Tasmanian webinar - Quality support & LLN services to maximise student success - 28 April
Advanced Moodle - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
Monday, April 7 2014
Moodle features a deep range of tools to engage and manage learners. In this workshop we’ll explore how to take Moodle beyond a simple content repository, quizzing and assessment upload tool and how to make your courses look good.
If you are confident with the basic use of Moodle this is the session for you.
This session is not recommended if you are new to Moodle
In this session we will demonstrate
- set up users into cohorts, groups and groupings to manage enrolments and assessment within and between Moodle courses
- establish and contain grade books to suit your assessments
- create a scored activity that integrates content, feedback and problem solving
- add multimedia from third part sites and media you create from your smart phone
- create quiz questions contained within question banks
- exploit section, resource and activity links to create custom navigation inside your course
- build a peer reviewed assessment
- create a pre determined path for the learner to follow based on their performance in activities, and
- understand the principles for successfully managing discussion-based assessments.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.