Edition 548, 7 April 2014
- Minister Pyne to deliver keynote address at ACPET Higher Education Symposium
- Financing women business owners for international growth
- Join us to congratulate our ACPET Peers!
- Good practice – how to add a unit of competency course to scope
- Get your new staff ready with Introduction to VET
- Top RTO non-compliances from ASQA 2013 reports
- 7 Multipliers to improving your RTO’s Financial Success
- Advanced Moodle - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
- Get the latest on foundation skills and get the edge for your RTO at the ACER National Adult LLN Assessment Conference 2014
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-May
- Tasmania PD - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- Subsidised PD - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports - Launceston 1 May
- SA webinar - Quality support & LLN services to maximise student success - 28 April
- Tasmanian webinar - Quality support & LLN services to maximise student success - 28 April
Get your new staff ready with Introduction to VET
Monday, April 7 2014
The vocational education and training (VET) sector can be daunting for newcomers. It is a sector that can be perceived as complex and highly regulated. Join one of ACPET’s Executive Officers as they demystify the sector – learn about the history and context and hear about the national policy agenda and the future directions. Also hear about the various regulatory agencies and Standards to which all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) must abide. More importantly, participants will walk away with a familiarisation of the common acronyms for this sector, as well as a list of resources to support increased knowledge.
This webinar has been designed around the more common basic member queries. Regardless of the position you have accepted within a RTO, make this your first professional development activity! Equally, this webinar serves as an excellent refresher for RTO staff who would like an update of the VET environment.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.