Edition 547, 31 March 2014
- Commencement of VET FEE-HELP Certificate IV Trial
- Working Models of Industry Partnerships: beyond government funding
- Transition Management and Teach Out – a Step by Step Procedure for Good Practice
- RPL – getting it right
- Meeting the standards: getting compliant with LLN
- Showcasing graduate employability
- New free online national Foundation Skills tool under development - your opportunity to help shape the tool
- Minister Pyne to deliver keynote address at ACPET Higher Education Symposium
- Symposium 2 May - VET Sustainability skills in Practice
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-May
- Register now for two subsidised SA Webinars on 2 and 4 April
- Tasmania PD - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- ACPET PD Launceston 1 May - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports
- One day left to register for ACPET Queensland Private Provider Forum
New free online national Foundation Skills tool under development - your opportunity to help shape the tool
Monday, March 31 2014
Are you interested in finding out about a free online Foundation Skills Assessment Tool being developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) to assess foundation skill levels against the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) and the Core Skills for Work (CSfW) Framework?
An excellent opportunity exists to contribute your perspectives and feedback towards the final product, with ACER seeking interested participants in focus groups and trials to help shape the development of the tool.
For more information and to register your expression of interest, visit the Foundation Skills Assessment tool ACER webpage.
Participate in trialling the tool
The trialling of the tool begins in April 2014. To register your interest in participating in a trial of the tool, click here.
Once you have registered, you will receive notification about the trial process as soon as it is available.
Participate in a focus group session
The first round of focus groups are being held in April and May the following capital cities:
- Perth: 7 April 2104
- Canberra: 9 April 2014
- Adelaide: 7 May 2014
- Darwin: 16 September 2014
Although the Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane sessions are now closed to registrants, there will be further sessions later in 2014. ACPET will publish details as they become available.
Background Foundation Skills Assessment Tool (FSAT)
The Department of Industry has contracted ACER to develop a free online Foundation Skills Assessment Tool (FSAT) to identify and assess an individual’s foundation skill levels against both the ACSF and the Core Skills for Work (CSFW) Framework.
ACER is interested in hearing from interested VET and employment services providers to be involved in focus groups and to participate in trials to provide feedback about the assessment system.