Edition 547, 31 March 2014
- Commencement of VET FEE-HELP Certificate IV Trial
- Working Models of Industry Partnerships: beyond government funding
- Transition Management and Teach Out – a Step by Step Procedure for Good Practice
- RPL – getting it right
- Meeting the standards: getting compliant with LLN
- Showcasing graduate employability
- New free online national Foundation Skills tool under development - your opportunity to help shape the tool
- Minister Pyne to deliver keynote address at ACPET Higher Education Symposium
- Symposium 2 May - VET Sustainability skills in Practice
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania April-May
- Register now for two subsidised SA Webinars on 2 and 4 April
- Tasmania PD - Are you ready to be audited? - Hobart 24 April
- ACPET PD Launceston 1 May - Key RTO non-compliances from ASQA reports
- One day left to register for ACPET Queensland Private Provider Forum
RPL – getting it right
Monday, March 31 2014
- Are you using RPL as a means of engaging new students?
- Do you understand what makes up quality RPL processes?
- Are you sure that your RPL tools and processes are compliant?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process for giving students credit for skills, knowledge and experience they’ve already gained through working and learning. The RPL process also provides opportunities for your RTO to offer better services to your current and potential students, as well as your employer base.
In this webinar, VET compliance and policy expert Sue Foster will take you through ways to streamline your recognition processes. You will also consider examples of how to communicate RPL in a simple and user friendly way to both potential candidates and employers.
Sue will then assist you to review your current processes and tools, to support your RTO with:
- a valid RPL process with quality documentation
- compliant RPL tools, and
- implementing evidence collection methodology, which meets the principles of assessment and the rules of evidence.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.