Edition 546, 24 March 2014
- Australian Government ICT Graduate Program
- Couldn't attend? Purchase the recording now!
- A beginner’s guide to the NVR Standards
- Understanding risk and building a risk register
- New in 2014! Learning and Assessment Materials -: how do I customise them for my client groups?
- In Conversation with the CEO - V/S session
- Calling for RTOs to trial ACPET's Roadmap to implementing sustainability, including free webinar
- Symposium 2 May - VET Sustainability skills in Practice
- Register today - Two ACPET workshops in Hobart - 25 March
- ACPET SA VET Forum postponed
- Register today - ACPET PD 27 March - Unpacking a Training Package, units of competency & assessment requirements
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania March-May
- Call for RTO Applications for Tasmanian E-learning Mentoring Program
- Launch of SCoPe Sustainability Community of Practice for Manufacturing, 25 March 5:30pm
- Commencement of simplified AL Framework, extended SVP arrangements and repeal of 'substantial compliance'
Cutting Red Tape
Monday, March 24 2014
ACPET members will rejoice at the launch by the Prime Minister and his Parliamentary Secretary, Josh Frydenberg, of the Cutting Red Tape website. It's at http://www.cuttingredtape.gov.au/
In a sector beset by more, and more, and more regulation – it’s clear that tertiary institutions need government to streamline the following rules and regulations:
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011
- VET Quality Framework
- Standards for National VET Regulator (NVR) Registered Training Organisations
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements
- Data Provision Requirements, and
- Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Standards for VET Accredited Courses
- Standards for Training Packages
- NSSC Training Package Products Policy supports the design of Training Packages
- NSSC Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011
- National Register Guidelines
- Higher Education Standards Framework
- TEQSA Regulatory Risk Framework
- Immigration (Education) Act 1971
- Student Visa Assessment Level Framework
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (the Act) - Regulations
- National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (the Act) - Legislative Instruments
- National standards for ELICOS providers and courses (ELICOS Standards)
- Education Services for Overseas Students (TPS Levies) Act 2012.
- Tuition Protection Scheme Risk Framework
These rules and regulations sit on top of business obligations under Commonwealth and State legislation, including consumer protection obligations.
Pleasingly, Commonwealth public servants are moving to engage with the sector on how this plethora of red tape can be reduced.
But the red tape website allows you to put forward your views directly on what changes should be made – you don't have to wait until specific consultations begin.
ACPET will be making a submission but we welcome advice from members about the issues you have raised. Let us know what you’ve said and it will help us shape our responses.
Email ACPET CEO, Claire Field, with advice on the changes which will assist your business.