Edition 546, 24 March 2014
- Australian Government ICT Graduate Program
- Couldn't attend? Purchase the recording now!
- A beginner’s guide to the NVR Standards
- Understanding risk and building a risk register
- New in 2014! Learning and Assessment Materials -: how do I customise them for my client groups?
- In Conversation with the CEO - V/S session
- Calling for RTOs to trial ACPET's Roadmap to implementing sustainability, including free webinar
- Symposium 2 May - VET Sustainability skills in Practice
- Register today - Two ACPET workshops in Hobart - 25 March
- ACPET SA VET Forum postponed
- Register today - ACPET PD 27 March - Unpacking a Training Package, units of competency & assessment requirements
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania March-May
- Call for RTO Applications for Tasmanian E-learning Mentoring Program
- Launch of SCoPe Sustainability Community of Practice for Manufacturing, 25 March 5:30pm
- Commencement of simplified AL Framework, extended SVP arrangements and repeal of 'substantial compliance'
Register today - ACPET PD 27 March - Unpacking a Training Package, units of competency & assessment requirements
Monday, March 24 2014
Register today for this face to face workshop in Adelaide on 27 March with fees subsidised by DFEEST.
The vast amount of information within a Training Package and its Companion Volumes can be daunting. This workshop will focus on how to unpack and become familiar with the contents, gain skills to unpack units of competence and understand how to translate these into compliant training or assessment strategies. Several example units of competence will be referred to across different industry sectors to ensure learning is relevant to participants.
The workshop will also address how Foundation Skills and LLN needs are embedded in the units of competence. It will build confidence in using units of competence and provide practical solutions to tackle any new issues that come your way!
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
• understand the background of training packages;
• understand changes in training packages - New Standards;
• understand the components of training packages;
• interpret the new units of competency;
• understand the importance of foundation skills and how they are presented;
• understand the new assessment requirements; and
• identify compliance issues in planning training and assessment.
When: Thursday 27 March, 1pm to 4pm
Where: WEA 223, Angas Street Adelaide (parking at rear for $3 in coins)
Facilitator: Bernadette Delaney
To register online click here
The workshop fee is subsidised by DFEEST.