Edition 543, 3 March 2014
- Be prepared: New Federal Privacy laws come into effect 14 March!
- Ensuring your trainers and assessors’ industry currency
- Moodle (Advanced) - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
- Independent Validation - the Why's and the Wise
- Skills for All resources & free webinar - Training students with a disability
- ACPET Queensland State Forum
- Two ACPET workshops in Hobart - 25 March
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania March-May
- VET Reform Taskforce Consultation Adelaide 12 March
- Save the Date 4 April - ACPET SA VET Forum
- Last Chance to register - PD Hobart - 14 March - Setting up your students for success
- Senior High Schools in Fujian Province, China seek for course cooperation
- Austrade conducting Bangladesh Education Market Briefing in Sydney and Melbourne
- Education Expo Peru May 2014
- NCVER Research Forum: widening participation through education and training
- ASQA revisits general direction on transition and teach-out provisions
Independent Validation - the Why's and the Wise
Monday, March 3 2014
- Did you know just how seriously RTOs are failing their validation of assessment requirements at audit?
- ASQA found an alarming 80% non-compliance in assessment validation requirements in its recent blitz audit of Aged and Community Care training providers.
The high rate of RTO non-compliance findings overall and deregistration of 91 RTOs in 2011-3 highlight just how critical it is for you to understand and address your validation and other assessment compliance obligations.
- Do you and your workforce know what validation is?
- Do you know how to validate in accordance with the SNR standard 15.5?
- Are you able to demonstrate engagement and dialogue with industry?
ACPET’s highly interactive workshop on independent validation of assessment will provide you will the skills to participate in future hands-on validation activities.
Validation in vocational education and training is an assessment review process for continuous improvement. Importantly, it is mandated under SNR standard 15.5 to ensure that your training services to industry are relevant.
The workshop will cover:
Understanding independent validation
- independent validation – what it is, what it isn’t
- differences between validation and moderation
- drivers of the independent validation agenda, and
- current independent validation activities.
Interrogating independent validation
- the essential validation questions
- validation characteristics, and
- validation approaches and models
Forecasting independent validation
- benefits of validation for the different stakeholders
- challenges in implementing validation
- raising validation issues, and
- validation for RTOs.
This workshop is a pre-requisite to ACPET’s facilitated and hands-on validation activities.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.