Edition 543, 3 March 2014
- Be prepared: New Federal Privacy laws come into effect 14 March!
- Ensuring your trainers and assessors’ industry currency
- Moodle (Advanced) - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
- Independent Validation - the Why's and the Wise
- Skills for All resources & free webinar - Training students with a disability
- ACPET Queensland State Forum
- Two ACPET workshops in Hobart - 25 March
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania March-May
- VET Reform Taskforce Consultation Adelaide 12 March
- Save the Date 4 April - ACPET SA VET Forum
- Last Chance to register - PD Hobart - 14 March - Setting up your students for success
- Senior High Schools in Fujian Province, China seek for course cooperation
- Austrade conducting Bangladesh Education Market Briefing in Sydney and Melbourne
- Education Expo Peru May 2014
- NCVER Research Forum: widening participation through education and training
- ASQA revisits general direction on transition and teach-out provisions
Moodle (Advanced) - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
Monday, March 3 2014
Moodle features a deep range of tools to engage and manage learners. In this workshop we’ll explore how to take Moodle beyond a simple content repository, quizzing and assessment upload tool and how to make your courses look good.
If you are confident with the basic use of Moodle this is the session for you.
This session is not recommended if you are new to Moodle
In this session we will demonstrate
- set up users into cohorts, groups and groupings to manage enrolments and assessment within and between Moodle courses
- establish and contain grade books to suit your assessments
- create a scored activity that integrates content, feedback and problem solving
- add multimedia from third part sites and media you create from your smart phone
- create quiz questions contained within question banks
- exploit section, resource and activity links to create custom navigation inside your course
- build a peer reviewed assessment
- create a pre determined path for the learner to follow based on their performance in activities, and
- understand the principles for successfully managing discussion-based assessments.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.