Edition 543, 3 March 2014
- Be prepared: New Federal Privacy laws come into effect 14 March!
- Ensuring your trainers and assessors’ industry currency
- Moodle (Advanced) - Taking Moodle to the next level to engage Learners
- Independent Validation - the Why's and the Wise
- Skills for All resources & free webinar - Training students with a disability
- ACPET Queensland State Forum
- Two ACPET workshops in Hobart - 25 March
- Register now for Professional Development in Tasmania March-May
- VET Reform Taskforce Consultation Adelaide 12 March
- Save the Date 4 April - ACPET SA VET Forum
- Last Chance to register - PD Hobart - 14 March - Setting up your students for success
- Senior High Schools in Fujian Province, China seek for course cooperation
- Austrade conducting Bangladesh Education Market Briefing in Sydney and Melbourne
- Education Expo Peru May 2014
- NCVER Research Forum: widening participation through education and training
- ASQA revisits general direction on transition and teach-out provisions
VET Reform Taskforce Consultation Adelaide 12 March
Monday, March 3 2014
Make a note in your diary to participate in one of the Consultation workshops to be conducted by the federal Department of Industry VET Reform Taskforce in Adelaide as follows:
Wednesday, 12 March, 8.30am-10.30am, OR 11am-1pm, OR 1.30pm-3.30pm
Venue to be confirmed.
The Federal Industry Minister, the Hon Ian Macfarlane MP has established a VET Reform Taskforce within the Department of Industry to talk to RTOs, industry and employers, VET service providers and students about their views on the strengths and weaknesses of the VET system and their ideas for reform. The government is looking for ways to free up high performing VET providers from layers of red tape and to improve the effectiveness of the VET system and will also be working with the states and territories to reach a consensus on policies that affect the national training system.
ACPET meets regularly with staff in the Federal Minister's office and his department but we strongly encourage you to take advantage of having your views heard directly.
For more information and to register please visit the VET Reform Taskforce website.