Edition 538, 28 January 2014
- Back in 2014: Copyright in E-learning
- The Skills Connect Fund: what programs fall under it and how do I apply for funding?
- Top RTO non-compliances from ASQA 2013 reports
- Transition Management and Teach Out – a Step by Step Procedure for Good Practice
- Introduction to the VET sector
- Now a webinar! Independent Validation – the Whys and the Wise
- Brand new in 2014! Moodle from Scratch
- ACPET partnership with the Right Way Accreditation Program
- Chinese study tour organised by Holmes Institute and ACPET
- 21st Spanish AULA 2013 - International Educational Opportunities Exhibition
- Austrade report on the 2013 Futuralia – Education, Training and Employment held in Portugal
- Singaporean Professional Training Institute seeks Australian Higher Education Partner
- ATO focus on RTO-trainer contracts
- Interpreting competencies in Australian vocational education and training: practices and issues
- ASQA’s strategic review 2014 program
Introduction to the VET sector
Tuesday, January 28 2014
The vocational education and training (VET) sector can be daunting for newcomers. It is a sector that can be perceived as complex and highly regulated. Join one of ACPET’s Executive Officers as they demystify the sector – learn about the history and context and hear about the national policy agenda and the future directions. Also hear about the various regulatory agencies and Standards to which all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) must abide. More importantly, participants will walk away with a familiarisation of the common acronyms for this sector, as well as a list of resources to support increased knowledge.
This webinar has been designed around the more common basic member queries. Regardless of the position you have accepted within a RTO, make this your first professional development activity! Equally, this webinar serves as an excellent refresher for RTO staff who would like an update of the VET environment.
For further information and to register for this webinar, please click here.