Edition 769, 6 August 2018
ACPET delegation to Indonesia 7 – 12 October 2018
Monday, August 6 2018
Expressions of Interest are now open for members to register their interest to be a part of a ‘Member only’ trade mission to 3 Cities in Indonesia during the week 7 to 12 October 2018.
Working with the Asosiasi Perguruan Tinggi Swasta Indonesia (APTISI), you will be provided direct access to information, introductions and networking opportunities to explore the Indonesian market or enter into commercial discussions directly with APTISI members. APTISI represents over 3,000 private universities, academies and polytechnics throughout Indonesia and has strong links to the Indonesian government and industry stakeholders (Kadin). http://aptisi.org/
ACPET and APTISI have been cooperating on numerous delegations and initiatives for several years which have eventuated in the signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation between the two associations as a bi lateral relationship to support the ongoing member discussions, professional development and commercial partnerships into the future. This builds on the successful work ACPET has pursued in a variety of key destinations promoting cooperative relationships through skills development in the Asia-Pacific region through staging the Asia Pacific International Education Forum (APIEF) over the last 8 years.
ACPET will be working closely with APTISI and the Australian Government (Austrade) to facilitate introductions for participants to Indonesian businesses, agents and institutions whom are interested in partnering with Australian education and training providers to support Trans National Education and skills development in Indonesia in priority economic areas of significant growth.
The final itinerary will be confirmed once expressions of interest have been received and the delegation is viable and going ahead. The delegation will fly to Jakarta, then Yogyakarta and finish in Bali over a period of 6 days. The cost for forming part of this delegation will be $2,500 (plus GST) per Member (maximum two people per Member). This price excludes accommodation, air fares, some meals and promotional costs.
The delegation itinerary will include (subject to change):
- Market briefing from the Australian Government - Austrade
- Briefing on education partnering opportunities in Indonesia for Australian providers by APTISI
- Indonesian Government dialogue –understanding Indonesia’s education and training system, priorities and regulatory frameworks
- Three networking events will be held with APTISI members in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Bali where you can promote your College directly to commercial clients
- Site visits of APTISI member colleges in Yogyakarta and Bali
- A Gala dinner hosted by the Sultan of Yogyakarta with the education and business community
- A breakfast event with Indonesian student agents
While expressions of interest are encouraged from any ACPET members who wish to explore or expand opportunities in Indonesia, ACPET has identified a number of key areas of significant demand, including tourism and hospitality, nursing, aviation, child and aged care, and English language.
It would be useful for EOIs if you could provide a brief background on:
- Experience in international engagement and export of training, making it clear whether such experience is primarily in student recruitment and/or offshore delivery.
- Capacity to deliver (non-award) training offshore (note experience delivering offshore is not necessary).
- Your institution’s areas of specialisation and how these are relevant to Indonesia’s training needs.
- Your interest in and long-term commitment to working in Indonesia.
- Any particular areas or interests you would wish to pursue while in Indonesia with the Delegation.
To submit your expression of interest to join the ACPET delegation, or if you have any questions, please contact Matthew Traynor on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively phone 0426 269 234.
Please submit your EOI by 7 September 2018 to allow enough time for preparation.