Edition 750, 26 March 2018
- ICEF Berlin registrations close 31 March
- Have your say on implementation of the VET Student Loans
- Help to educate Student visa holders about condition 8202
- AFL SportsReady and the Australian Government showcase VET
- ACPET Professional Development
Monday, March 26 2018
As we lead into Easter and a short but busy week may I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the break.
In the interim, your input to the following would be appreciated:
Feeling charitable? Students in Timor Leste are eager to access laptops (not desktops). If you have any older or surplus ones just drop a line to email@example.com. ACPET will also be supporting a charity luncheon to support Timor Leste children with the legendary Merv Hughes at a date to be advised. Watch this space as places will be limited.
NT VET Investment Funding. Any comments you have on how this is impacting on your learners greatly appreciated. Responses will of course remain confidential. ACPET has been in discussions with the Department in regards to a new training workforce program that will encourage providers to partner with businesses to provide skilling outcomes to learners predicated by not only the capacity to be job ready, but to be provided with an employment outcome.
PWC have advised another review of the 2018 Training and Education (TAE) Training Package. The Case for Change is seeking feedback by COB Tuesday 3 April 2018. This initial feedback will be used to inform the development of the 2018 (TAE) Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work.
You are invited to provide feedback on:
- the suitability of the current suite of qualifications for training and assessment that occurs in the range of VET learning environments;
- the applicability of the TAE40116 Certificate IV for the various job roles in the training and education sector, considering both role type and progression pathways;
- the content of existing TAE training products and the alignment with the skills and knowledge learners will need in the future.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in the development of TAE qualifications over the coming months, ensuring our Northern Territory perspectives are considered.
The 2018 Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List (NTSOPL) has been published by the NT government and the process to identify priority jobs is ongoing. To view the 2018 list just go to: https://nt.gov.au/employ/for-employers-in-nt/hard-to-fill-jobs-in-the-nt.
Finally, for those of you with an interest in defence industries there is a breakfast update on Thursday at the Hilton with a keynote by Air Vice-Marshall Margaret Staib and an interactive panel discussion with reps from the Chamber of Commerce, Master Builders, Industry Capability Network, ISAC and the NT Government. No charge and tickets are available through Eventbrite.
NT Executive Officer