Edition 732, 20 November 2017
- Children’s Education and Care - Draft 1 Consultation
- Register now for Professional Development this week!
- 2017 Education and Consulting Mission to Asian Development Bank
- ASEAN-Australia Business Summit SME Conference Friday 16 March 2018
Register now for Professional Development this week!
Monday, November 20 2017
Introduction to LinkedIn for Business
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 12:00pm to 1:00pm AEDT
You will explore handy free guides and analytics within LinkedIn, your LinkedIn Profile and your LinkedIn company page to help you better understand these features.
This is an important first step to help you review and determine your organisation’s approach to LinkedIn marketing and deciding which features are suited to your business, skills and budget.
- Understand the difference between LinkedIn Profiles, LinkedIn Company Pages and the roles of LinkedIn articles and LinkedIn advertising.
- Understand the basics of how to interpret LinkedIn Profile and LinkedIn Company Page analyt-ics.
- Follow LinkedIn.com guides to better leverage key LinkedIn features for your business
- Understand that a LinkedIn specialist may be required if you are considering a LinkedIn strate-gy for your business.
Presenter: Karen Hollenbach
As the Founder of Think Bespoke, Karen Hollenbach has successfully built and grown a profes-sional community that helps individuals and organisations maximise LinkedIn. Formally trained with a Bachelor of Business, Marketing, Karen is a Registered Teacher with the Victorian Insti-tute of Teaching (VIT), a Certified Trainer, Independent LinkedIn Training Consultant and has extensive experience training and coaching high performance teams and facilitating formal business training programs.
Let students do the work! Effective strategies for student-led EAL and ELICOS classrooms.
Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:00pm to 4:00pm AEDT
This webinar is suitable for both EAL and ELICOS practitioners.
The webinar explores a wide range of strategies which encourage and motivate students to take charge of their own learning, and to be pro-active in developing activities that help the students to learn English both in and outside the classroom. The strategies also focus on encouraging students to learn together in a friendly, supportive manner.
- Motivate students to develop ideas on how to best learn English to suit their individual needs
- Motivate students to work collaboratively and supportively with each other
- Develop a range of strategies that encourage students to make effective using of language learning opportunities both in and outside the classoom.
Presenter: Lana Harasymiv
Lana Harasymiv has worked in education for 25 years with most of that time spent in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) education, including 12 years teaching and managing TESOL programs in Japan. She has worked as Director of Studies of both VET and English programs and has extensive experience in preparing both VET and ELICOS courses for accreditation and additions to scope. She is also experienced in preparing RTOs for audits, including re-registration audits. She holds a Masters in Arts (TESOL) and two post-graduate diplomas in education. She is currently employed as the Director of Studies of English Programs, managing both ELICOS and EAL foundation skill programs.
The ACPET PD Team wish to thank all those who particpated in 2017. We hope to see you all once again in the new year.