Edition 715, 24 July 2017
- Express interest: China Tourism Destination Development Mission 2017
- Have your say- Proposed changes to ELICOS standards
- Make the move into a growth VET market - India...
- NT International student numbers on the rise - but we need your involvement
Register now and build towards a gender informed national plan
Monday, July 24 2017
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) give us the framework to deal with global issues such as poverty, equitable access to education and social injustice.
Good quality and inclusive education is a powerful vehicle for sustainable development. Equal access to education that is blind to gender and social disadvantage has been identified as a priority for governments globally.
This forum organised by Women in Adult and Vocational Education (WAVE) and Adult Learning Australia (ALA), and supported by EU Centre at RMIT University will explore the role of the Sustainable Development Goals and their implications for Australia..
Our forum will also explore:
- The key SDGs for education, gender and work
- The issues for women and girls
- The potential impact of the SDGs on adult learning and training for decent work
- What the SDGs have to do with education and training, inclusivity, gender and economic wellbeing
- Why the SDGs are important
ACPET Executive Officer VIC/TAS