Edition 713, 10 July 2017
- 2017 ACPET National Conference and APIEF
- Higher Ed Services extends an invitation to ACPET members attend the annual Finance and Procurement conference to be held at Bond University
- Second Annual TEQSA Conference: Students, Quality, Success. 29-30 November 2017, Melbourne
- Marc Ratcliffe to present two key webinars this week!
Marc Ratcliffe to present two key webinars this week!
Monday, July 10 2017
Marc Ratcliffe is a multi-award-winning trainer, author and education entrepreneur. He is the CEO and founder of MRWED Training and Assessment, a private RTO that specialises in Trainer Training. He is a strong advocate for "edu-tainment" and believes that learner involvement and fun are integral to student success. He continues to be an in demand conference speaker and workshop facilitator, having presented at more than 50 conferences in a dozen countries in the past decade and was recently named as the winner of the “Best Training and Development Leadership” Award for 2017 at the World Training and Development Congress in Mumbai.
This webinar will provide an introduction to the Vocational Education and Training system in Australia. It will define VET, describe its key functions, highlight the major stakeholder and provide a background to recent reforms in the sector. It will be suitable for new or recently-appointed staff looking to broaden their understanding of VET in general or for existing staff looking to refresh their knowledge.
- Explain the role of VET in Australia
- Identify the key functions of VET
- Discuss recent reforms within VET and their impact on the sector
Interpersonal skills are essential for trainers in developing relationships and helping to communicate key messages to students and colleagues. Having an awareness of your own interpersonal skills, as well as those used by others, will ultimately assist in the development of more productive partnerships in the learning environment. It will also assist in being able to effectively manage the tasks trainers are responsible for. This webinar will highlight the importance of interpersonal skills for trainers and will examine 7 critical interpersonal skills needed to be effective and successful in the role.
- Identify the importance of interpersonal skills for trainers
- Build an awareness of how they use interpersonal skills
- Describe 7 critical interpersonal skills needed to be an effective trainer
Give us a call on 03 9412 5900 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for Marc's webinars and for access to our webinar library and any pre-recorded webinars. If you have any queries or suggestions that could help tailor to your needs, please contact the ACPET PD Team, as we are always happy to help
The ACPET PD Team