Edition 705, 15 May 2017
- 2017 APIEF & ACPET National Conference, don't miss out on early bird registrations
- ACPET 2017 Higher Education Benchmarking Initiative
- Green gown sustainability awards open to TAFEs, universities
- What is on this week in PD?
- Noteworthy Dates 2017
Australia China Careers Fair Roadshow
Monday, May 15 2017
Members with an interest in working with Chinese students in Higher Education or VET are encouraged to learn more about participating in the Australia China Careers Fair Roadshow in Shanghai and Beijing from June 30 – July 2.
Following the success of past Careers Fairs delivered by the Australian Chamber of Commerce Shanghai (AustCham Shanghai) and the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade), the two organisations will join forces to host the Australia China Careers Fair (ACCF) Roadshow in Shanghai and Beijing from June 30 – July 2, 2017.
Why be part of the roadshow?
- Approximately 80% of Chinese students now return home after graduation. As a consequence, job prospects for both overseas-trained graduates have emerged as a key concern in China in the past few years.
- Recent surveys of the study abroad market in China point to employability being the single biggest consideration of those who intend to study overseas. It is critically important to demonstrate the value of Australian education and the return on students’ investment through job outcomes.
The Roadshow, supported by local partner LockinChina, will feature Careers Fairs in Shanghai (organised by AustCham Shanghai) and Beijing (organised by Austrade and supported by AustCham Beijing), as well as a Careers and Employability Forum in Shanghai prior to the Fairs.
Find out more and register now at www.austrade.gov.au/ACCF201.