Edition 684, 19 December 2016
- Expression of interest feedback Australian Masterclass - Aged Care Training Capability Roadshow
- Student Visa processing hits peak period
Some holiday reading - International student performance & a report on Education & Training spending
Monday, December 19 2016
Victoria University’s Mitchell Institute has published its annual Report on Expenditure on Education and Training in Australia.
The key findings of the Report include;
- Higher education expenditure increased by 45 per cent over a ten year period to 2014-15
- School education expenditure increased by 24 per cent between 2005-06 and 2014-15
- VET sector expenditure in 2014-15 was 4 per cent below the level of 2005-06
- Preschool expenditure increased 125 per cent over the period.
You can read the Report here
The latest Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) Report released by the Australian Council for Education Research (ACER) shows that we are slipping backwards relative to other countries and that the ability of Australian students to apply their mathematical and scientific knowledge to real life situations is falling not only relative to other countries but also in an absolute sense.
The Report shows that nationally the science, reading and mathematics achievement of 15 year old students is in decline and students in the Northern Territory were performing at a lower level than any other Australian jurisdiction. The PISA Report can be accessed here