Edition 679, 14 November 2016
- Higher Education Benchmarking Service
- Putting industry at the centre of training
- ACPET are striving to empower and influence change
- Education leads the pack on the Chief Ministers NT Trade delegation to China
- Healthcare Centre of Excellence in Punjab, India
- Program Out Now! ACPET WA 2016 International Education Forum (IEF)
Higher Education Benchmarking Service
Monday, November 14 2016
Benchmarking remains important in the new Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 that comes into effect on 1 January 2017.
ACPET is once again partnering with Helen Lawrance Consulting (HLC) to offer the ACPET Benchmarking Service, designed to help Higher Education Provider (HEP) members meet this requirement.
This benchmarking service provides individual reports to HEPs and contains details that promote continuous improvement. The level of analysis and benchmarking of HEP’s own position against other HEPs overall and within subgroups provides a level of detail that is not otherwise available. It provides real, practical advice and assistance to improve outcomes.
The benchmarking service is an industry benchmarking service and it:
- benchmarks a range of quantitative and qualitative data as required under the Threshold Standards, focused on outcomes benchmarking
- is conducted by a higher education specialist, facilitates real continuous improvement and encourages collaboration.
- protects commercial sensitivities
- shares best practice via an annual facilitated workshop to discuss results and develop real action plans
- compares student attrition, completion and progress rates
- analyses key themes from student survey data such as:
o Quality of teaching
o Student engagement
o Assessment and feedback
o Course content and workload
o Overall student satisfaction
o Graduate attributes
o Facilities and learning resources
o Student support
To sign up or for more information, please contact Stephanie Dellow by 18 November 2016.