Edition 674, 10 October 2016
- Early Childhood Education and Care Business Case Consultation – Have your say
- 2016-2017 online ACPET Catalogue is open for entries - just one week out!
2017 Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List
Monday, October 10 2016
The Department of Trade, Business and Innovation has commenced its annual review of the Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List (NTSOPL).
The NTSOPL list is developed to provide guidance and inform decision making in the following areas:
- Northern Territory Government decisions on how training funding should be allocated including the allocation of employer incentives for apprentices.
- The targeting of skills in the Territory’s national workforce attraction programs.
- Strategic workforce planning by business and industry.
- Career counsellors in schools to inform students of potential career opportunities.
- Development and delivery of courses by Territory universities and registered training organisations.
- Targeting of qualified overseas workers to address skills shortages through skilled migration schemes (including the NT’s Designated Area Migration Agreement).
The Industry Skill Advisory Council (ISAC) will contact your organisation in the near future. If you are experiencing specific occupational shortages or difficulties finding staff you can have input to NTSOPL through responding to ISAC or by contacting them directly.
You can contact the ISAC by phone or email. Telephone: (08) 7913 7500 or email@example.com
ISAC NT represents all industry groups across the NT.
The ISAC is an autonomous and not-for-profit organisation. It works with industry, business, government and training providers on training for workers and the development of workforce skills.
Submissions about an occupation(s) on the 2017 NTSOPL are due to the ISAC by close of business October 31st.
Further details on the NTSOPL can be found here