Edition 665, 8 August 2016
- Product review and activity plan proposed by the Education IRC - Public Consultation
- Just 2 weeks to the ACPET National Conference - Don't miss out!
- 2016 Census to be conducted on 9 Aug 2016
- ACPET conference 24-26 August opens wide debate about tertiary education funding, quality & structure
Product review and activity plan proposed by the Education IRC - Public Consultation
Monday, August 8 2016
The Education Industry Reference Committee has worked with PwC's Skills for Australia to develop a four year activity and Training Product Review plan and they welcome your feedback.
PwC’s Skills for Australia’s role is to work with their Education Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to revise their qualifications and training programs, with the aim of better matching what people learn with the skills needs of industries and businesses. The Education IRC is responsible for revising content in the Training and Education Training Package (TAE) and the Foundation Skills Training Package (FSK).
PwC are required to review all units of competency, the courses that make up qualifications in the Training Packages, within 4 years from 2016. They are conducting this review through two types of projects:
- Training product development - projects involve the review of unit of competency content.
- Additional activities are completed where the Education Industry Reference Committee has identified a training need, but there is not yet enough information to know how to best change training content to meet that need. These projects involve research and consultation.
These projects need to be approved by the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) before they can start work.
Following a recent meeting of the Education IRC, PwC have presented a summary of their proposed projects on their website for industry and employer feedback. If you would like to view the status of their proposed projects and provide feedback via a feedback form please follow this link or click below.
Please note that you will need to complete your feedback before 5pm AEST on the 12th of August 2016, so that PwC can collate responses from across the industry and employers and present this to their IRC members.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to call the Skills for Australia hotline on 1800 714 819 or email them at email@example.com.
To view the Proposed Product Review and Activity Plan - Click here.