Edition 657, 13 June 2016
- Link to international education through AUSTRADE
- Early bird registrations for the ACPET National Conference - close 25 June!
- TEQSA contextual overview of the new HES Framework
- Conference to focus on sharing excellence in Australia's higher education sector
- Opportunity to exhibit at Worldskills Skills Village
- Useful Vocational Education Links for your students
- ACPET Workshop & Networking - Doing Business in India, 29 June, Adelaide
- ACPET VET Forum this Friday - reduced rego thanks to the NT Government.
TEQSA contextual overview of the new HES Framework
Monday, June 13 2016
The Commonwealth Minister for Education and Training has made new national standards for higher education in Australia – the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (new HES Framework).
The new HES Framework will apply for regulatory purposes from 1 January 2017. From this date, all registered providers of higher education in or from Australia must meet and continue to meet the requirements of the new HES Framework.
TEQSA will undertake assessment of applications (and any regulatory actions arising) against the new HES Framework from 1 January 2017 (except for applications made before that date, which will be assessed against the existing HES Framework 2011).
Providers should note that the new Standards will apply at all times after 1 January 2017, not just for the purpose of a particular regulatory event such as an application to TEQSA for re-registration of a provider.
Please click here to access videos and further information.