Edition 523, 9 September 2013
- The ACPET Journal for Private Higher Education – Call for papers
- Are you interested in an ACPET Quality Management System service tailored to RTOs?
- Professionalising the academic workforce
- New staff? Prepare them with ACPET's Introduction Webinars
- Brand new webinar session! Good practice: how to add a unit of competency course to scope - a kit box of good practice
- Join ACPET's CEO Claire Field for In conversation with the CEO webinar
- New NBN Business Readiness Webinar Series – running your RTO business from anywhere
- Risk Management for the Tertiary Sector workshop
- Leaders in educational excellence in private VET and Higher Education - ACPET warmly congratulates the ACPET Awards for Excellence 2013 winners and finalists
- ACPET Tasmania PD - Meeting LLN Requirements and Standards - 25 September
- ACPET Tasmania PD Program for September
- ACPET SA - PD in September
- Sustainability Skills for Building and Construction - Community of Practice, 11 September
- ACPET PD Tasmania - A Step by step Guide to applying for VET Fee Help - A must!
- ACPET PD SA - A Step by step Guide to applying for VET Fee Help
- ACPET SA PD - Are you ready for audit? 12 September (Last chance)
- ACPET SA PD - Thinking of becoming a Non Self-Accrediting Higher Education Provider
- ACPET SA - Identifying and meeting the needs of international students
- ACPET SA - How to tap into new markets
- Skills Tasmania Workshops with ASQA - 10, 11, 12 September
- Registrations are now open for the ACPET Cairns Regional Forum
- ACPET WA Private Provider Forum 2013
- Unlocking India’s potential - a report by Austrade
- Summary of ASEAN Workforce Skills – Employer Survey 2013 (Executive Summary)
- ACPET Indonesian delegation January 2014
Monday, September 9 2013
You would all be familiar with the refrain of ‘TGIF - Thank God it’s Friday’.
Well after three years (or five weeks depending on how you count it) of an election campaign, I’m ready to declare ‘TGIO – Thank God it’s Over’.
Some of you may call me wildly naïve and optimistic but my hope for the sector is that we have the same Ministers in the Tertiary Education and Immigration portfolios at this time next year, and that in implementing their plans for the sector, the new Ministers make sure they engage in genuine consultation with stakeholders beforehand.
Not much to ask for is it…?
ACPET wishes the incoming government well and congratulates Prime Minister Abbott and his team on their election win. We will have more to say on specifics when portfolios are announced and Ministers sworn in.
Now that the election is over – it’s time though to turn our attention away from politics and back to the real world – the work you our members do – and our role in promoting your efforts.
I was delighted to launch the ACPET Catalogue at our national conference in Adelaide. The ACPET Catalogue is an interactive ‘App’ that we are confident will become a trusted reference for:
• careers advisers to show school leavers the study options available to them in the private tertiary sector,
• careers advisers and the Job Services Australia network in their work supporting people who wish to reconnect with education and training, and
• education agents working in the international education sector – wanting to show students and families their Study in Australia options.
The ACPET Catalogue offers potential students the chance to get immediate access to information about your institution, exclusively, and in an innovative and visually appealing way.
This video outlines the benefits of the Catalogue and details of the media campaign that will support its roll out.
As part of your membership fees, all members will be provided with Level 1 exposure at no cost – but we need your input to ensure we can include the right image and have the right details of your institution. So please make sure you contact our partners at Skills One to give us the correct information about your institution.
For a surprisingly modest fee, relative to advertising in a newspaper, magazine, TV or radio, you may wish to consider a greater degree of exposure through the other options available to you.
We have already had media interest in the ACPET Catalogue App – and urge you to make sure we have your details correct when we launch in November.
Chief Executive Officer